Deborah Schrag, MD, MPH
Chief, Division of Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Office phone: 617-582-8301
Preferred contact method: office phone
View Physician Profile
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Dr. Schrag received her medical degree from Columbia University in New York in 1991. She subsequently completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, and her fellowship in Medical Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. She obtained a Masters in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health in 1998, and joined the staff of DFCI and Brigham and Women's Hospital. From 1999 through 2007, Dr. Schrag practiced medical oncology in the Division of Gastrointestinal Oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where she was an Associate Member and Associate Professor of Public Health and Medicine. In 2007, she returned to DFCI and Brigham and Womens Hospital, where she is a medical oncologist and clinical investigator in the Center for Gastrointestinal Oncology. Her research focuses on utilization of new cancer treatment technologies at the population level.
- Chen AB, Cronin A, Weeks JC, Chrischilles EA, Malin J, Hayman JA, Schrag D. Expectations About the Effectiveness of Radiation Therapy Among Patients With Incurable Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2013 Jun 17.
- Brooks GA, Li L, Sharma DB, Weeks JC, Hassett MJ, Yabroff KR, Schrag D. Regional Variation in Spending and Survival for Older Adults With Advanced Cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013 May 1; 105(9):634-42. PMCID: PMC 23482657
- Weeks JC, Catalano PJ, Cronin A, Finkelman MD, Mack JW, Keating NL, Schrag D. Patients' Expectations about Chemotherapy for Advanced Cancer; N Engl J Med. Oct 2012;367:1616-25. PMCID: PMC 23094723
- Zhu J, Sharma DB, Gray SW, Chen AB, Weeks JC, Schrag D. Carboplatin and Paclitaxel With vs Without Bevacizumab in Older Patients With Advanced Non–Small Cell Lung Cancer. JAMA. 2012; 307(15):1593-1601. PMCID: PMC 22511687
- Sima CS, Panageas KS, Schrag D. Cancer screening among patients with advanced cancer. JAMA.2010 Oct 13;304(14):1584-91. PMCID: PMC 20940384